Monday, November 2, 2009

Minor Project 16

The website for the Institute for Healthcare Communication needs to be redesigned. It is very user unfriendly, and not eye catching at all. The flashing of the color and picture slide show is very distracting and makes it very difficult to pay attention to the information on the site.

When I redesign the site, I am thinking about using a color scheme of Blue, Grey, Black and White, all very calm easy to read relaxing colors, that are bright at the same time. For the Navigation Bar, I think I would design it being horizontal with easy roll overs. Instead of the Flashing Picture colorful slide show, I would design having pictures on the left and right site of the page with the content in the center.

The site is aiming to look professional and organized and I hope to make that happen.

For my plan of action I chose to use a
Design Brief
Thumbnail sketches
Collect main information to be put in site (and and sub buttons)
Wireframes
Prototypes using photoshop for the main page and then for the following placeholder pages/images/dummy text
Replace with real content
Test site, and finish site for presentation
Revise, finish site.

No comments:

Post a Comment