Saturday, September 5, 2009

Minor Project 2

The sample website I am choosing to critique is the first sample. This website has a very good feel to it. All the colors go very well together, the blue and the yellow, which are also colors of the Nicaraguan Flag. Although the colors aren't exact, but are more a different shade of blue and yellow. Its very interactive and looks easy to use. On the first page, the "home" page, is very interactive, especially with the pictures used. I like how when you scroll over a picture, it fades a bit and information comes up onto the picture. You can learn without even clicking a button to another page.
When you do click to another page, the buttons stay in the same place which is good because you don't need to search where they are every time you change pages. Although this website works very well with the colors and design, there is something I would change. On the home page, the bottom has the same buttons (home, what we do, why nicaragua and so on) but designed differently, but the design of the yellow bar across makes the design of the page better because the yellow color is used a lot on the left side and close to the top so I like how its also brought to the bottom. The other pages don't have this bar with the buttons. I guess there not really needed because there on the left hand side as well, but I think for design purposes ever page should have it.
The Photo Gallery uses the same colors and most of the same design but the main menu of buttons is not on the left side and is moved to the bottom. This is okay besides that if you don't scroll down because to see the pictures you don't need to, you don't see the menu of buttons on the bottom.
The type used on this site is very clear and easy to read. Its clear and has a "fun" feeling to it.I also think that the other pages, not the home page, could have more design to it, using the color yellow. There very plain and the information on them do not stand out enough to make me want to read the text.
The Home pages is by far the strongest page of the site. The color and design of it is bright, fun, and personally draws my attention in making me want to look at the other pages and learn about the trip. Unfortunately when I get to the other pages, I'm not as interested anymore.
Overall, the web page does work. The home pages draws you in which is a big thing because if it didn't, I know I wouldn't want to look at the rest of the pages following it. Even though the pages following I don't find as eye catching and interesting, they do still have information, and still gets the main point across. I would have to say this is a successful webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment