Monday, September 7, 2009

Minor Project 3

1- Transcendent CSS is the new rather then the old ways of inspiration. It is the CSS that is encouraged by yourself to learn more about the design and technical issues with your work. It makes you think on the next level. With Transcendent CSS you don't limit your designs because of technology and the past, yet you continue to work on them and improve them.

2- Two Websites that I find to have inspirational design
A- http://ali-ro.com
B- http://www.anthropologie.com

3- Accessibility "design" is not a feature. We design our content to make it more accessible to everybody. Many designers wrongly misinterpret accessibility as a feature to serve people with disabilities.

4- Two principles of "Trancendent" CSS
1- DVD Player / VCR / Bue Ray
A- A DVD player is important today due to the rapid changes in technology. For example, throughout time, TV's went from being able to show tape in a VCR, to a DVD in a DVD player, and now today they have Blue Ray DVD's to show better quality of the content if you own a Blue Ray TV. Even though there are these upgrades in technology throughout time, all 3 of these technologic products all have the same job and do the same thing, show a piece of content (movie or what not) on the Television screen.
2- Car GPS
A- As GPS for cars have been developed, they have improved greatly. A GPS's job is to give directions to help you get to a destination without looking at a map, printing out directions from map quest and what not. As time has elapsed, they have upgraded GPS's so much that they can now not only show you where you are going and tell you where to turn, but they can tell you the exact street name, how many miles and the amount of time until you get to your destination. I recently got a new portable GPS which tells me everything I just stated. My old one which got stolen from me told me how much longer until I got to my final destination, and how many miles until I had to turn but did not give me the Street names. When I got my new one I was sure to get the newest upgraded one, but when thinking about it now, my old one did the exact same thing, without this upgrade which technically is not needed.

-As this chapter has described, as new technologies are developed we feel obligated to get the new updated technology with the new better designs and amenities, yet an older model still got the job done.

5- I believe that the significance of Nate Koechley's Yahoo Developer Network document called "Graded Browser Support" was that if you use multiple browsing technologies, you will never get the same design effect. Safari, Internet Explorer and Firefox each are a like, yet are very different. I personally use Safari for everything because I don't like Firefox while other people do. Each person has a different experience while using different browsers because they are each designed differently and people enjoy certain ones more then others. Some browsers are also more updated then others. You may be able to do something and see something using one browser, but when using another, you may not because it is not updated to the same level as the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment